A Song, A List, An Introduction

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be

Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love

Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

(Thomas Obediah Chisholm)

Rather than a likely long-winded paragraph about myself, I'll do the introduction with a list. 
  • My real name is Laura, but this profile is ancient, dating back to before I was allowed to use my name online.
  • I have had several other blogs, but they were mostly the ramblings of a teenager who had discovered the internet and the novelty of writing random things, with the last post being in 2015. You really needn't go back over them... 
  • I'm a wife of 3 years to a kind, compassionate, and generous husband
  • Our son, "Baby Bear," was born last spring. He is a delightful, energetic, spunky little boy who loves books and exploring our apartment. He's a challenge at times, but such a wonderful challenge.
  • Before our son was born, I spent 3 years working as an ABA tech, providing therapy to kids with autism. I loved (almost) every minute of it, and thank God for gifting me in that field. Now I'm a stay at home mom, and I get to put some of those skills to use with my own child!
  • I have mild postpartum depression, diagnosed at 5 months pp. That's probably a post in and of itself, so for now I'll say it's better. Much better and much happier. Seek help if you suspect depression. It's so much better than staying in it.
  • "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" is currently my favorite song, especially the line "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow"! That's all we need. Strength for today. 
I'll be writing about activities Baby Bear and I find to do, what encouragement God has been showing me, wife life, and maybe a few other things. Please stick around while I find my niche, and let me know what posts resonate the most!

--Laura

Comments